CALORIES IN CHEDDAR CHEESE SLICE. CALORIES IN SPICY TUNA SUSHI.
Calories In Cheddar Cheese Slice
- This firm cow's milk cheese originated in the English village of Cheddar. Color ranges from natural white to pumpkin orange. Flavor ranges from mild to sharp. Orange cheddars are dyed with a natural dye called "annatto."
- cheddar: hard smooth-textured cheese; originally made in Cheddar in southwestern England
- Cheddar cheese is a relatively hard, yellow to off-white, and sometimes sharp-tasting cheese originally made in the English village of Cheddar, in Somerset. Cheddar cheese is the most popular cheese in the United Kingdom, accounting for 51% of the country's ?1.9 billion annual cheese market.
- The energy needed to raise the temperature of 1 kilogram of water through 1 °C, equal to one thousand small calories and often used to measure the energy value of foods
- (calorie) a unit of heat equal to the amount of heat required to raise the temperature of one kilogram of water by one degree at one atmosphere pressure; used by nutritionists to characterize the energy-producing potential in food
- The energy needed to raise the temperature of 1 gram of water through 1 °C (now usually defined as 4.1868 joules)
- Either of two units of heat energy
- (caloric) of or relating to calories in food; "comparison of foods on a caloric basis"; "the caloric content of foods"
- (caloric) thermal: relating to or associated with heat; "thermal movements of molecules"; "thermal capacity"; "thermic energy"; "the caloric effect of sunlight"
- Cut with or as if with a sharp implement
- slit: make a clean cut through; "slit her throat"
- hit a ball and put a spin on it so that it travels in a different direction
- a share of something; "a slice of the company's revenue"
- Cut (something, esp. food) into slices
- Cut something or a piece of something off or from (something larger), typically with one clean cut
Cheddars of the World Assortment (2 pound) by igourmet.com
Along with their conquering armies, the Romans brought their cheese making expertise to England in the first century AD. But it was not until the sixteenth century when the cheese we know today as cheddar
was so named. With such a long history, it's no surprise that cheddar is one of the world's favorite foods. So popular in fact, that almost every cheese-producing nation makes its own version. This assortment contains excellent examples from three continents:
Denhay Mature English Cheddar: Denhay Cheddar is carefully matured and monitored until it is 11 months old when it is sold as premium West Country Farmhouse Cheddar. (8 oz)
Grafton Classic Reserve Cheddar: Grafton Classic Cheddar is an outstanding mature cheddar cheese selected for
its pronounced flavor and smooth finish. This two year aged cheese is excellent when accompanied with dried fruits and nuts, crusty breads, and big wines. (8 oz)
Great Ocean Road Cheddar: This sharp white cheddar hails from Australia, where it is made from pure milk taken from cows that graze on lush pastures swept by winds from the Southern Ocean. (8 oz)
Red Leaf Cheddar: This entrant from North America has a firm texture and a sweet, honeyed flavor. Best enjoyed with ale and fruit, this cheddar is aged for
over 12 months. (8 oz)
Please note that any item temporarily out of stock will be substituted with a similar item of equal value.
3rd September 2009
I've used a recipe from the Channel 4 programme 'Eat Yourself Thin'. Recipe below:Serves 6, Ready in 1 hour 35 minutes, 347 calories per serving.IngredientsThe lasagne
* 1 teaspoon olive oil
* 1 onion, finely chopped
* 2 sticks of celery, finely chopped
* 1 carrot, finely chopped
* 4 cloves of garlic, peeled and finely chopped
* 400g lean beef mince (must be the best quality, or you could try and get a butcher to mince it for
* Salt and freshly ground black pepper
* 315ml red wine
* 400g tin plum tomatoes
* 1 tablespoon tomato puree
* 1 bay leaf
* 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
* 2 courgettes, thinly slice
* 1 jar of roasted red peppers in brine
* 4 sheets of lasagneThe cheese sauce
* 500ml semi-skimmed milk
* A good
grating of whole nutmeg
* Salt and pepper
* 3 tablespoons cornflour
* 1 teaspoon English mustard
* 80g mature cheddar cheeseMethod
1. Heat up a big saucepan and add the olive oil. Sweat the onion, celery, carrot and garlic for
around five minutes over a medium heat.
2. Heat a frying pan up until very hot and cook the seasoned beef, without any oil, in batches. Then add the beef to the saucepan.
The point of cooking the beef in batches is to get a good
colour on it because this adds more flavour.
3. When all the beef is in the saucepan, turn up the heat and add the wine.
4. Cook until the wine has all been absorbed and then add the tinned tomatoes, tomato puree, bay leaf and oregano. Season and simmer for
30 minutes or until rich and tasty.
5. Preheat a conventional oven to 180?C, or a fan-assisted one to 160?C.
6. Heat a griddle pan. Season the courgettes and lightly chargrill or sear on each side, then leave on a plate until assembling time. Drain the peppers and also add to the plate.
7. For the cheese sauce: heat the milk up gently with a good
grating of nutmeg, some salt and pepper. Mix the cornflour with 50ml of the milk and whisk back into the milk, continuing to cook for two to three minutes until thickened.
8. Add the mustard and half the cheese. Check the seasoning and set aside.
9. Now for the fun part: Take a baking dish and start layering up the ingredients. Start with a layer of meat, then peppers, then meat, then courgettes, then meat, then pasta and finally cheese sauce.
10. Top with the rest of the cheese and bake for 20 to 30 minutes or until bubbling.
Cheese Enchilada Casserole
Cheese Enchilada Casserole
1 cup (4 ounces) shredded reduced-fat extra-sharp cheddar cheese
1 cup chopped tomato
1 cup fat-free cottage cheese
1/3 cup sliced green onions
2 teaspoons chili powder
2 garlic cloves, minced
9 (6-inch) corn tortillas
1 cup taco sauce (such as Ortega)
1/4 cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese
Preheat oven to 375°.
Combine first 6 ingredients in a medium bowl. Arrange 3 tortillas in bottom of an 11 x 7-inch baking dish coated with cooking spray. Spread half of cheese mixture over tortillas. Repeat procedure with 3 tortillas and remaining cheese mixture; top with remaining tortillas.
Pour taco sauce over tortillas; sprinkle with Monterey Jack cheese. Bake at 375° for 20 minutes or until cheese melts.
Calories:299 (18% from fat)
Fat:6g (sat 2.8g,mono 1.7g,poly 0.9g)
calories in cheddar cheese slice
Our New York cheddar cheese is extra sharp, meaning, it is aged for well over a year and has a hearty, rich flavor. It is packed in a black wax which will preserve the flavor and present itself well as a gift or for serving at your next party. New York cheddar cheese is the most popular cheese to use with Tex-Mex dishes, when shredded in tacos, melted over tortilla chips, or stuffed and melted in Jalapeno peppers. Try it in omelettes and souffles, over baked potatoes, melted as a cheese fondue, melted over hamburgers and hot dogs, as the main cheese in Macaroni & Cheese or grilled cheese sandwiches. Each wax-packed brick can make about 140 cracker-size slices. We can only ship this product during the cooler months...IF ORDERING DURING HOT WEATHER CONDITIONS, OR THE DESTINATION HAS WARM WEATHER CONDITIONS, THE PRODUCT CANNOT BE GUARANTEED TO ARRIVE IN GOOD CONDITION. ORDERING DURING WARM WEATHER CONDITIONS IS "AT YOUR OWN RISK" - SO PLEASE ORDER USING THE FASTEST SHIPPING METHOD AVAILABLE (SECOND DAY AIR). THIS IS A PERISHABLE PRODUCT - WE CANNOT REFUND ORDERS OR ACCEPT RETURNS WHEN AN ORDER IS PLACED AND SHIPPED DURING WARM WEATHER CONDITIONS OR SHIPPED TO DESTINATIONS THAT HAVE WARM WEATHER CONDITIONS! Thank you for your understanding. If you have any questions about ordering or shipping, please do not hesitate to contact us. Thank you!
Related topics: healthy eating meal planner ezekiel bread low carb drink water weight loss how many calories ina banana pilates for weight loss how many calories are in fruits and vegetables 1500 calorie daily diet
- (月) 03:14:01|
- Category: None